TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS - Maid For Tails
Trading address is: 6 Cornet Close, Lindley, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. HD3 3QQ
1. During our initial visit we will complete our client authorisation and information form for Maid For Tails so that we may know as much as possible about your pet(s), their routines, habits and your preferences. This must be completed prior to the commencement of a contract which includes primary responsibility and any other issues the client / sitter may have. In the event of continued service the client agrees to inform us of any changes since the previous booking should they not wish to complete another form.
2. The client must provide Maid For Tails with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Maid For Tails reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
3. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Maid For Tails' terms and conditions (as laid out here) whether verbally or in writing. The company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of business and in doing so will post notification of changes on the website.
4. Client confidentiality will be maintained at all times. Client details will be kept private and will never be used for any purpose other than caring for your pet(s).
5. Maid For Tails agrees to provide care in accordance with the details provided by the client. This may include the care of pets and any other animals owned by the client, the maintenance of the home, plants and other requests by the client within reasonable limits.
6. The client is responsible for ensuring that Maid For Tails is not placed in any avoidable or undue risk when entering into their home as recognised by the Health and Safety Executive.
7. Cat Flaps: Maid For Tails will not be liable for any injury, disappearance or death of any cat with access to the outdoors.
8. Keys for clients, if held, will be locked away securely when not in use, with a code attached. The identifying codes are kept in a different location and addresses are never attached to keys. Keys held temporarily for pet visits will be returned as soon as Clients inform us of their safe return and, of course, that full payment has been received for services rendered.
9. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (ie, food, medication, bedding, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Maid For Tails, these will be purchased and added to the bill along with a £3.00 delivery charge.
1. Maid For Tails will charge the client for the services as quoted. A non refundable deposit of 25% of the total sum due may be payable to Maid For Tails at the time of booking.
2. The client is responsible for settling the company’s invoice for services prior to the commencement of the assignment. Cash, cheques (payable to Mrs A Gibb) or bank transfer please. All payments can be acknowledged and receipted if required.
3. Should the client return early during a booking full fees are payable. Refunds will be considered at the company’s discretion.
4. Clients must let Maid For Tails know when they have returned home, via text, phone call or email, following a course of pet pop-in arrangements otherwise Maid For Tails will assume the client has been delayed and will continue the care. As such, the client will continue to be charged until informed of the client’s safe return.
5. Should the client be delayed on return, Maid For Tails will use its best endeavours to ensure continued cover following the assignment end date.
6. In the event of cancellations which are notified to us prior to the start of the booking period, all fees less the non refundable deposit will be refunded or held over for subsequent bookings.
7. Where services are required long-term clients are able to make payment on a weekly or monthly basis. Hereon in the payment term (weekly or monthly) will be referred to as the ‘booking period’.
8. Regular walks/visits must be paid for prior to the booking period (weekly payers pay for a week and monthly payers pay for a month).
9. Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements
10. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment, an additional charge may be applied for each trip.
11. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Maid For Tails.
12. We reserve the right to either impose supplementary charges if the assignment changes from the description given by the client and needs more time or responsibility or if there is a change of the nature of the assignment which could not have been reasonable foreseen by either party.
13. Where exceptional work in addition to our services is required charges will be made accordingly depending on the level of skill required. Approximate quotations will be provided upon request by telephone and then a detailed quotation will be forwarded to the client.
1. Dog walking outside will take place in most cases. In the case of extreme weather conditions, e.g. blinding rain or snow, or pet injury/ illness, or on client request, the dog will be given time outside to relieve him/herself and then the rest of the visit will be spent inside with client-approved activities.
2. Extreme weather conditions may also mean a curtailment or cancellation of service at short notice and will always try to reach your pet or give as much notice as possible.
3. Maid For Tails reserves the right to stop walking or visiting a dog if it shows excessive aggression to people or dogs and will not be liable for any damage or injury caused by your dog excepting that of a Third Party.
4. Whist there is always the intent to arrive at the allotted time, there is always an hour window of time allowed to pick up and drop off your dog i.e. a 10am pick up can mean any time between 9am or 11am to allow for unforseen events.
5. Maid For Tails reserves the right to deny or terminate service because of safety or financial concerns.
6. Sick dogs or dogs known to have an infection cannot be walked, even on a one to one basis, because of the risk of cross infection.
7. Dog Sitting: Dogs should not be left unattended for long periods of time. They are sociable animals and need company. If a client insists on leaving dogs overnight, Maid For Tails will not be held liable or responsible in any way, for damage caused by dogs to themselves, each other and/or any property damage caused by them or any other third party, any illness or death(s) occurring due to them being left for long periods.
1. Maid For Tails have taken all steps necessary to ensure that the business is fully insured for the client’s peace of mind. We have the following insurance:
a. Public liability insurance - should an animal cause an accident or injury or damage someone else’s property. This includes off-lead exercise, if authorised by the client.
b. Care, Custody and Control – in case an animal is accidentally lost or injured whilst in our care, including collection and delivery.
c. Loss of Key Cover – Where pet sitters and walkers are given access to their customers property, there is the possibility that keys will be lost, resulting in the need to replace locks.
2. The Insurance only provides coverage when working on an assignment from the company and for the duration and times of the selected service.
3. It is agreed that it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents, and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
4. Maid For Tails cannot be held liable for theft or damage to your property or injury/illness to your pet unless we can be shown to be negligent.
5. The client should notify their neighbours and their home insurance company that Maid For Tail will be visiting the property in the client's absence.
1. By using the Website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of Maid For Tails and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
2. The information contained with the Website is provided on an “as is” basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the Website.
4. You agree that you shall not use the Website for illegal purposes, and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the Website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
5. You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.